Designation: IFPTMAN007 - Senior Financial Analyst: Financial Engineering
Category: Top Management
Salary: 0 Monthly
Posted by: African Bank
Posted on: 20210316
Reference #: IFPTMAN007
Closing date: 20220323
Position Type: Internal & External Permanent EE
Workplace: Integrated Financial Planning (IFPT)
1 - Portfolio Modelling and Simulation
1. Develop and maintain statistical models that quantify/simulate the following aspects of the portfolio: Expected
transitions of new sales vintages into the respective collections environments on a monthly basis; Overall rundown of
book with regards to Gross Advances; Expected size of Non-performing- and Write-Off portfolios at any point in time.
2. These models should be developed and set up in such a way as to allow for expected risk emergence to be
2 - Cash-Flow Forecasting
1. Develop independent forecasts for future cash collections in the existing and expected new sales portfolios.
2. Forecasts should be thoroughly back-tested to ensure accuracy and stability.
3. The forecast should be used to quantify the duration of the assets of the organisation.
3 - Guiding strategy in key business imperatives
1. Focus on strategic direction and proactively provide the organisations/stakeholders with feedback/guidance that will
assist overall decision making.
2. Where appropriate, assist Retail Ops/Finance in quantifying the expected sales mix.
3. Assist in modelling/unpacking/tracking various collections initiatives.
4. Conduct analysis with regards to yield leakages when required.
4 - Ad hoc
1. Provide business stakeholder with guidance based on advanced modelling, if and when required, in order to ensure
initiatives are rolled-out and managed effectively.
5 - Reporting, Attending and Presenting at Various Committees
1. Formulate and document findings/results in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
2. Formally present findings if and when needed.
3. Submit monthly constitution to the credit pack.
6 - Customer
1. Create and maintain productive relationships with internal and external clients by providing advice and assistance
2. Create understanding of the ‘real’ versus ‘perceived’ need through experience and expertise while complying with
company polices legislation and regulations
3. Keep the client informed about progress through written communication, telephone communications and/or face to
4. Build a positive image by exceeding client expectations at all times
5. Treat internal and external customers fairly at all times
7 - Management of Resources
1. Manage and develop subordinate(s): Performance management in terms of contracting, reviews and poor performers,
Training and development, Employee relations
2. Manage people efficiencies through leave management, headcount budget, fixed term contracts, staff movements,
secondments, staff utilization
3. Take appropriate disciplinary measures as required
4. Facilitate induction of new staff within one month of joining the organization
Advanced financial modelling; develop statistical models that can be used to quantify the correlation between risk and
overall portfolio dynamics (i.e. migrations, volume/balance transitions between the respective collections states,
overall risk emergence, etc.); cash-flow forecasting on existing and expected new sales portfolios. Automation,
monitoring and governance checks of models, strategy, budget variances and operational key metrics.